Tailgate Tastes: Unicoi Preserves’ Deep Dish Pizza Muffins
Unicoi Preserves’ Deep Dish Pizza Muffins
Prep time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 10 - 12 min.
- 1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated Laura Lynn Original Crescent Rolls (8 count)
- 8 slices pepperoni
- ½ cup sharp provolone cheese, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup Laura Lynn low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup colored bell pepper, small dice
- 2 tbsp. red onion, small dice
- ½ cup chunky pasta sauce
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh basil, chiffonade, for garnish
- Laura Lynn non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Spray 8 cups of a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles. Place each triangle into a prepared muffin cup, then gently press and pinch dough together to cover the bottom and sides.
3. Place a slice of pepperoni into each cup, then add provolone and mozzarella. Gently press down the cheese, then top each muffin with about a tablespoon of pasta sauce. Mix together the bell peppers and red onion, then divide among the pizza muffins.
4. Bake 10 - 12 min. or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and immediately use a butter knife to loosen the sides of the muffins. Let set for 5 min., then remove from pan, and finish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and basil.
Note: You can customize these deep dish pizza muffins with your family’s favorite pizza toppings.
Copyright 2022 WHNS. All rights reserved.