(FOX Carolina) - Within days of each other, families in both North Carolina and South Carolina learned they would need to figure out how to keep their children fed as schools in both states shuttered temporarily.
In the wake of the announcements from governors for both states, restaurants in the Upstate of South Carolina and the mountains of western North Carolina have pledged to step up with free meals for kids who may not have easy access to school nutrition.
Here's a list of restaurants who have made this pledge:
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA
- White Duck Taco Shop in Asheville is offering one free regular-priced taco for school-age children per day. This offer is available Monday through Friday for lunch or dinner starting March 16.
UPSTATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA
- Eggs Up Grill locations in Anderson, Boiling Springs, Greenville, Greer, Powdersville, and Spartanburg will all offer a free meal from the kids' menu from 11 a.m. through 1 p.m. on weekdays. Offer could vary from location to location.
- Farm Fresh Fast in Greenville is offering free meals to children who need it, no questions asked. They're also asking people to donate time, money, or product if they can.
- Biscuit Head in Greenville is offering one free biscuit to any school age child who comes in each day schools are closed, starting March 16.
- Tony's Pizza & Subs in Fountain Inn is offering free personal pan pizzas to school age kids who visit from 11 a.m. through 1 p.m. Monday through Friday for the next two weeks, no purchase necessary.
- Holy Mōlli in Spartanburg is offering free meals to kids for the remainder of March.
- All Tropical Grille locations in the Upstate are offering free kids bowls with no purchase necessary. Visit from Monday-Friday from 11 a.m. through 1 p.m.
- House of Pizza & Pasta in Gaffney is offering free child meals for the next two weeks. This can be redeemed during weekdays from 11:30 a.m. through 1 p.m. with no purchase necessary.
- Mojo's in Travelers Rest is offering free kids' meals from 11 a.m. through 2 p.m. every weekday for the time being. They're also available for delivery via DoorDash and with no-contact delivery.
- Young's Cafe in Pendleton is offering free kids' meals starting March 16, from 11 a.m. through 2 p.m. Curbside pickup is available.
- Arizona Handcrafted Fare and Drink Co. in Simpsonville will open for to-go and curbside pick-up only from Noon until 2 p.m., Monday through Sunday. Call 864-962-1700 to place an order and add a meal for children. Regular dinner service starts at 4 p.m. They will offer a “meal of the day” for the kids, which will range from grilled cheeses, to chicken tenders, to burgers, and anything in between.
- Northwest Grill in Travelers Rest is offering one free kids' meal per day from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. per child. You can also call ahead for curbside pickup.
- Anthony's Pizzeria in Simpsonville is offering a free slice to kids during weekdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. while schools are closed. Just mention the kid's Facebook special.
- Papas and Beer locations in the Upstate of South Carolina will offer a free kids burrito or quesadilla meal to kids Monday thru Friday from 11-1.
- Wilhelmina's Kitchen will be serving free lunch to school aged children in the area that may be affected by the school closings. Lunch will be served Tuesday-Friday (10:30 AM - 12:30 PM). No purchase necessary. Wilhelmina’s Kitchen is located at 5928 Hwy 187, Anderson, SC 29625. Child must be present.
- Salsarita's on Pelham Road is offering free kids meals to children between 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Scoop Dawgs Diner, located at 11120 Asheville Hwy in Inman, will serve free kids hot dog meals to children ages 12 and under Monday through Friday from 11 am to 1 p.m. beginning March 17th 2020 until March 31st.
- Country House Cafe in Travelers Rest is offering free kids' meals from 11 a.m. through 1 p.m. They are open Thursday through Sunday. Just call 864-689-1110 to place the order.
If you are a business offering free meals to students during the school shutdowns, please email email@example.com with full details.