GREENVILLE, SC (FOX Carolina) - A’ja Wilson suited up in a different uniform for a great cause.
The University of South Carolina Alumna and Las Vegas Aces WNBA superstar is raising money for her foundation, the A’ja Wilson Foundation. It supports children whom struggle with dyslexia and bullying.
On Thursday, she headed to a local Bojangles restaurant to make biscuits and serve food at the drive thru.
20% of the sales between 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. from Thursday afternoon will be donated to the foundation.
This cause is near and dear to Wilson’s heart. She too struggles with dyslexia and was bullied as a child.
“This is very important. This is something I wanted to start as soon as I could get out of college. My parents and I out together a foundation, and it kind of went of me and that’s what it rally wanted to do. Growing up I struggled with dyslexia and also bullying. So I wanted to let kids understand if you use the right resources anything is possible. The sky’s the limit,” said Wilson.
Copyright 2019 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Today's FOX Carolina Flash Briefing
Stay up to date on what's happening around the Upstate and the Mountains throughout the day with FOX Carolina's audio flash briefings
- ACSO charges two in death of Leonna Wright, including man originally named person of interest
- DHEC confirms first pediatric death in SC related to COVID-19, +2,000 new cases reported today
- 22 pounds of marijuana seized by Drug Enforcement Unit of Greenville County
- Greenville Co. Schools unveils plans for in-person return to school, says families will be updated weekly about classroom & eLearning days
- GCSO: Suspect dead after taking aim at deputies after hours-long chase
- Lavish Lounge shooting suspect denied bond after emotionally charged remarks from victims' families in hearing
- Amazon tells employees to delete TikTok immediately—then takes it back
- Greenville Co. Schools reports nearly 5,000 Chromebooks not returned
- Witnesses recall moments before plane crashed into Lake Jocassee, cause still under investigation
- Greenville Co. DEU dismantles drug trafficking supplier from Mauldin