GREENVILLE, S. C. (FOX Carolina) - Greenville firefighters responded to a fire at an Upstate restaurant Saturday evening.

The broke broke out at Rafferty's restaurant on Congaree Road shortly before 6 p.m.

Firefighters said 75 people were in the restaurant when the fire broke out. Everyone made it out safely.

Investigators believe the fire started along the exterior rear wall, possible from a discarded item. Firefighters do not believe the fire was suspicious.

Most of the damage was to the outside of the building.

Copyright 2018 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Multimedia Producer

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.