Boggs Street House Fire

The Anderson City Fire Department says a lit candle is likely the cause of a fire that significantly damaged a home along Boggs Street on September 11, 2019. 

ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) The Anderson City Fire Department says a lit candle is likely the cause of a fire that significantly damaged a home Wednesday morning. 

According to officials, the department responded to the structure along Boggs Street around 11:25 a.m. to find the home ablaze. 

They encountered two occupants outside of the home, who said everyone was safely out of the residence. 

Firefighters used about 500 gallons of water to finally put out the flames. Officials say the house was significantly damaged, and is not estimated to be lived in for some time. 

It has been determined that a lit candle in one of the bathrooms was the cause of the fire. 

The Red Cross says they are assisting those who were affected by the incident. 

MORE NEWS: 

Court: Amazon owes South Carolina millions in sales taxes

Fire Chief: Seneca home deemed a 'total loss' after catching fire

Copyright 2019 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.