ASHEVILLE, NC (FOX Carolina) - On Wednesday, deputies with Buncombe County Anti-Crime Task Force and the Sheriff’s Community Enforcement Team arrested a man on multiple felony charges.
According to deputies, Demarcus Scott was under surveillance due to outstanding felony warrants and parole violations. Deputies also recovered a stolen handgun and numerous items of drug paraphernalia.
Deputies said Scott was charged with the following:
- Trafficking in Fentanyl BYy Possession
- Trafficking in Fentanyl By Transportation
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Schedule IV Controlled Substance
- Possession of Firearm by Felon
- Possession of Stolen Firearm
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Deputies said Scott is being held on a $90,000 secured bond at the Buncombe County Detention Facility.