ANDERSON, SC (FOX Carolina) - The Anderson County Coroner's Office says a teenager has died due to electrocution Sunday evening.

According to the coroner's office, 13-year-old Brayden D. Williford was playing outside at a friend's house on Samuel Camp Road around 7 p.m. Brayden was playing with a metal pole when he appeared to touch a power line with the pole. The resulting electrocution caused Brayden to suffer a heart attack.

The coroner's office says deputies arrived on scene and began CPR, with EMS shortly behind. Brayden, however, was pronounced dead at AnMed Health just after 8 p.m.

Brayden's death has been ruled accidental, but the investigation still continues.

A GoFundMe has been set up to help the teen's family through this tragic time. 

Anderson County School District Three on Monday confirmed Brayden was a 7th grade student at Starr-Iva Middle School.

The school district released this statement:

"It is with deep sadness that we acknowledge that Brayden Williford (7th Grade) was a student at Starr-Iva Middle School in Anderson School District Three. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his immediate family and friends during this very difficult time. Brayden was a wonderful student whose friends and teachers will miss him greatly. Again, our hearts are deeply saddened by this news."

MORE NEWS: Deputies: 1 person injured, transported to hospital after shooting in Starr

Copyright 2019 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.