TOWNVILLE, S.C. (FOX Carolina) - The Anderson County Coroner's Office says a woman died at the Augusta Burn Center one day after a house fire in Townville.
Townville VFD says the fire was reported around 12:38 p.m. on February 14 from Rock Creek Road. Crews who arrived confirmed the patient was entrapped and began working to save the patient. An attack crew and search & rescue crew immediately entered the home, which was filled with heavy smoke and flames. The VFD says crews got the patient out and performed CPR. That patient was then flown to the burn unit for treatment.
The fire was extinguished and heavy overhaul began, but the VFD notes one firefighter had to be treated for smoke inhalation, which happened while trying to revive the patient inside the still-burning home.
Zion FD, Centerville FD, Townville FD, Fork Pendleton EMS, Medshore EMS, ALS 1, ACFD, and ACSO responded.
Townville Volunteer Fire Department is asked for prayers for her.
CORONER NAMES THE VICTIM
A day after the fire, we would learn that 29-year-old Hannah Brewington passed away in Augusta. She died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide toxicity.
According to the coroner's office, the fire was contained to the home's kitchen. Foul play is not suspected in this case.
The investigation is ongoing.