HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - Authorities say two children have died in a mobile home fire in North Carolina. The fire broke out Saturday afternoon at a residence in Hickory. Officials said the victims are a young boy and girl, ages 7 and 8. Authorities said no adults were home when the fire broke out. Neighbors said the children's mother was at work and that her boyfriend arrived at the home after the fire started.
Copyright 2021 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Today's FOX Carolina Flash Briefing
Stay up to date on what's happening around the Upstate and the Mountains throughout the day with FOX Carolina's audio flash briefings
- GRAPHIC WARNING: Greenville Co. bodycam video shows man's head shut in car door
- Sheriff says remains of Gaffney woman missing since 2018 were found on Wednesday
- Couple in their 40s died while in quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19, police say
- Greenville restaurant struggling to keep doors open launches GoFundMe campaign
- A middle schooler was insecure about his haircut. So his principal fixed it himself instead of disciplining the boy for wearing a hat
- Driver collides with truck head on, dies in Anderson Co., says coroner
- Tree surgeon falls 30ft from lift-bucket, dies while working, says coroner
- Here's what you can expect to get from the $1.9 trillion House stimulus
- Stevie Wonder says he is moving to Ghana
- Officials: Former Upstate deputy charged with assault was involved in two previous use-of-force incidents