UNION, SC (FOX Carolina) - On Saturday morning, crews worked to put out a fire at a home in Union County that sadly took the life of five animals.

Union fire - Balsam St

House fire on Balsam Street in Union County (FOX Carolina - Jan. 16)

Paul Brown, the homeowner, said the fire at his home on Balsam Street was an electrical fire. There were nine people in the house at the time. All of them were able to get out in time without injuries however, Brown lost five dogs due to the fire.

Brown says he is the sole provider for everyone in the house. He lives on a fixed income, doesn't have insurance, and now has no place to go.

The home, along with a majority of everything within it, is a total loss.

The Red Cross said it is assisting the family providing financial assistance for immediate needs such as food, clothing, and shelter, along with referrals to much need resources.

More news: Buncombe Co. deputies arrest 4 following series of drug trafficking investigations

Copyright 2021 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All Rights Reserved.


Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.