Fishing tournament

Source: Poplar Springs Fire Department

DUNCAN, SC (FOX Carolina) - A Spartanburg County fire station will host a benefit fishing tournament aimed at helping the family of the fire chief, who is battling brain cancer.

Firefighters said the tournament will be held on July 25 on Lake Hartwell, and all proceeds will help Chief Tommy Norris' family cover medical proceeds.

The cost is $100 per boat and $10 for Big Bass Takes All.

The winner will receive 30 percent of the purse with the remaining 70 percent going to the family.

The tournament will be from 6 a.m. - 3 p.m. and a landing has not yet been determined.

Firefighters are asking anglers to pre-register by July 18 by calling 864-8593 or clynch@poplarspringsfd.com

PREVIOUSLY - Poplar Springs Fire Department holds BBQ fundraiser for chief battling cancer

Copyright 2020 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.