South Carolina vs. Maryland Women's Basketball Predictions & Picks - NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
Published: Mar. 26, 2023 at 3:39 AM EDT|Updated: Mar. 27, 2023 at 11:39 AM EDT
Monday's game between the South Carolina Gamecocks (35-0) and the Maryland Terrapins (28-6) at Bon Secours Wellness Arena is expected to be a lopsided matchup, as our computer prediction projects a final score of 76-63 and heavily favors South Carolina to come out on top. Game time is at 7:00 PM ET on March 27.
The Gamecocks head into this contest following a 59-43 win over UCLA on Saturday.
South Carolina vs. Maryland Game Info
- When: Monday, March 27, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET
- Where: Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
Use this link to get a free trial of fuboTV, where you can watch every women's tournament game and other live sports without cable!
South Carolina vs. Maryland Score Prediction
- Prediction: South Carolina 76, Maryland 63
South Carolina Schedule Analysis
- The Gamecocks notched their signature win of the season on November 20, when they defeated the Stanford Cardinal, who rank No. 5 in the AP's Top 25, by a score of 76-71.
- The Gamecocks have 16 wins versus Quadrant 1 opponents, the most in the nation.
- South Carolina has tied for the eighth-most Quadrant 2 victories in the country (eight).
- Against Quadrant 3 opponents, the Gamecocks are 7-0 (1.000%) -- tied for the 47th-most victories.
South Carolina 2022-23 Best Wins
- 76-71 on the road over Stanford (No. 5/AP Poll) on November 20
- 81-77 on the road over UConn (No. 6/AP Poll) on February 5
- 88-64 at home over LSU (No. 9/AP Poll) on February 12
- 81-56 on the road over Maryland (No. 7/AP Poll) on November 11
- 74-58 over Tennessee (No. 24/AP Poll) on March 5
Watch college hoops all season on all your devices without cable with a seven-day free trial on fuboTV!
South Carolina Performance Insights
- The Gamecocks have a +1050 scoring differential, topping opponents by 30.0 points per game. They're putting up 80.4 points per game to rank seventh in college basketball and are giving up 50.4 per outing to rank first in college basketball.
- South Carolina is scoring 80.0 points per game this year in conference action, which is 0.4 fewer points per game than its overall average (80.4).
- The Gamecocks are averaging 84.8 points per game in home games. On the road, they are averaging 77.2 points per contest.
- South Carolina is ceding 46.9 points per game this season at home, which is 7.3 fewer points than it is allowing away from home (54.2).
- The Gamecocks' offense has been less effective over their last 10 games, putting up 75.1 points a contest compared to the 80.4 they've averaged this year.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.