Braves vs. Nationals Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 22
The Atlanta Braves (98-55) and Washington Nationals (68-86) clash on Friday at 7:05 PM ET.
The Braves will give the nod to Charlie Morton (14-12, 3.66 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 15 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Patrick Corbin (10-13, 5.05 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Nationals Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- TV: MASN
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Venue: Nationals Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Morton - ATL (14-12, 3.66 ERA) vs Corbin - WSH (10-13, 5.05 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|Braves vs Nationals Betting Trends & Stats|
|How to Watch Braves vs Nationals|
|Braves vs Nationals Odds|
|Braves vs Nationals Prediction|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Charlie Morton
- The Braves will send Morton (14-12) to the mound for his 30th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in 4 2/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 39-year-old has pitched in 29 games this season with an ERA of 3.66, a 2.25 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.423.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 12 of them.
- In 29 starts this season, Morton has lasted five or more innings 24 times, with an average of 5.6 innings per appearance.
- He has finished seven appearances without allowing an earned run in 29 chances this season.
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Patrick Corbin
- The Nationals will send Corbin (10-13) out for his 31st start of the season. He is 10-13 with a 5.05 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 171 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out was on Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers, when the lefty tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 34-year-old has put up a 5.05 ERA and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 30 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .292 to opposing batters.
- Corbin is looking to record his third straight quality start in this matchup.
- Corbin is looking for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 innings per start.
- He has had two appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 34-year-old's 5.05 ERA ranks 43rd, 1.468 WHIP ranks 45th, and 6.4 K/9 ranks 43rd.
Patrick Corbin vs. Braves
- He will face off against a Braves offense that ranks first in the league with 1457 total hits (on a .276 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .502 (first in the league) with 293 total home runs (first in MLB play).
- Corbin has pitched three innings, giving up two earned runs on seven hits while striking out three against the Braves this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.