Twins vs. Blue Jays AL Wild Card Game 2 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 4
The Minnesota Twins host the Toronto Blue Jays in Game 2 of the AL Wild Card Series on Wednesday at 4:38 PM ET. The Twins have a 1-0 series lead and will try to move on to the ALDS with a win.
The Twins will look to Sonny Gray (8-8) versus the Blue Jays and Jose Berrios (11-12).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Twins vs. Blue Jays Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 4:38 PM ET
- TV: ESPN
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Venue: Target Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Gray - MIN (8-8, 2.74 ERA) vs Berrios - TOR (11-12, 3.65 ERA)
Read More About This Game
|Twins Injury Report|
|Twins vs Blue Jays Betting Trends & Stats|
|Twins vs Blue Jays Player Props|
|Twins vs Blue Jays Prediction|
|How to Watch Twins vs Blue Jays|
|Twins vs Blue Jays Odds|
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Sonny Gray
- The Twins will send Gray (8-8) to the mound for his 33rd start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in four innings pitched against the Oakland Athletics on Thursday.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a 2.74 ERA this season with 9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across 32 games.
- He has earned a quality start 17 times in 32 starts this season.
- Gray has made 28 starts of five or more innings in 32 chances this season, and averages 5.8 frames when he pitches.
- He has finished seven appearances without allowing an earned run in 32 chances this season.
Sonny Gray vs. Blue Jays
- The Blue Jays have scored 746 runs this season, which ranks 14th in MLB. They are batting .256 for the campaign with 188 home runs, 16th in the league.
- The Blue Jays have gone 5-for-20 with a double and an RBI in one game against the right-hander this season.
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: José Berríos
- Berrios (11-12 with a 3.65 ERA and 184 strikeouts in 189 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Blue Jays, his 33rd of the season.
- His last time out was on Wednesday against the New York Yankees, when the righty went six innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.65, with 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings in 32 games this season. Opponents are batting .241 against him.
- Berrios is trying to pick up his 16th quality start of the year.
- Berrios will look to prolong a nine-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he's averaging 5.9 innings per appearance).
- In six of his 32 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 29-year-old ranks 21st in ERA (3.65), 21st in WHIP (1.186), and 28th in K/9 (8.7).
José Berríos vs. Twins
- He will match up with a Twins offense that ranks 19th in the league with 1332 total hits (on a .243 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .427 (seventh in the league) with 233 total home runs (third in MLB action).
- Berrios has pitched 5 2/3 innings without giving up an earned run on four hits, while striking out five against the Twins this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.