(Meredith) -- A woman in Michigan is happy to have her eyesight back after she accidentally used glue instead of eye drops.

According to WXYZ News, the terrifying moment happened when Yacedrah Williams accidentally grabbed a small bottle of glue -- used to repair broken fingernails -- thinking it was her eye drops.

The accident happened because Williams said it was 1 a.m. and she was very tired and didn't think she had grabbed the wrong bottle. But as soon as the drop hit her eye, she knew something wasn't right.

Her husband, Derrick, told WXYZ News that Yacedrah went into a full panic after she realized she had just put glue in her eye. They called 911 and emergency responders were able to rush her to a nearby hospital where doctors were able to reopen her eye.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.