Upstate, WNC school districts announce schedule changes due to weather
UPSTATE, S.C. (FOX Carolina) - Multiple school districts are announcing schedule changes for Friday, March 3 due to potential severe weather in the Upstate.
The National Weather Service’s forecast predicts high wind speeds with gusts of over 40-50 mph.
The following districts have made changes:
- Cherokee County School District will have an eLearning day Friday.
- ALL Spartanburg County School Districts will have an eLearning day Friday.
- High Point Academy will have an eLearning day Friday.
- Greenwood School District 50 will have a half day dismissal on Friday. Early Childhood and Montessori School and all elementary schools will dismiss at 11 a.m. All middle and high schools will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- Anderson County School District 5 will have early dismissal on Friday. Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12 p.m. and middle and high schools will dismiss at 1:30 p.m.
- Greenwood School District 52 will have a half day dismissal on Friday. Primary and elementary school will dismiss at 11:10 a.m. Middle and high school will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
- School District of Pickens County has cancelled all after school activities for Friday. Classes and dismissal remain as normal.
- Jackson County Schools will dismiss early at 1 p.m. on Friday.
- Burke County Public Schools will close early art 1:30 p.m. on Friday.
- Anderson County School District will have early dismissal Friday. Middle and high schools will dismiss at 12:30 p.m. and elementary schools will dismiss at 1:30 p.m.
For updates regarding school closings, you can visit https://www.foxcarolina.com/weather/closings/
Copyright 2023 WHNS. All rights reserved.