Whataburger CEO with ties to Upstate to open multiple locations in SC
GREENVILLE, S.C. (FOX Carolina) - Whataburger is kicking off its expansion into the state of South Carolina with multiple new locations coming to the Upstate.
The restaurant chain said there will be eight new locations in 2024.
Here’s a list of the restaurant locations:
- Greenville - 1466 Woodruff Road in summer 2024
- Mauldin - 308 West Butler Drive in summer 2024
- Spartanburg - 1941 East Main Street in fall 2024
- Anderson - 2900 Main Street in fall 2024
- Boiling Springs - Boiling Springs & Double Bridge Road in fall 2024
- Spartanburg - 1510 WO Ezell Boulevard in late fall 2024
- Duncan - 1537 East Main Street in late fall 2024
- Easley - 5648 Calhoun Memorial Parkway in late fall 2024
There will also be two new locations coming to Irmo and Lexington.
Whataburger’s president and CEO, Ed Nelson, has ties to the Upstate. He went to high school in Simpsonville and is a graduate of Clemson University.
Nelson said getting to come to the Upstate is like a homecoming of sorts.
The expansion to the Upstate started in 2019 with building a facility in Atlanta and now Whataburger is ready to head north on I-85.
Copyright 2023 WHNS. All rights reserved.